There is this thing with parents and dog owners, that always makes them show images of their loved ones. Being a proud dog owner, as much as I try to resist the urge to share too much, sometimes i just fail. To be honest, most of the images I have are of my dog Beni, and I could easily fill a whole new blog with images from him. 

On the other hand I want to celebrate the fact that I have him in my life. Dogs give us so much and ask for very little in return. They are there for us in ways no other living being ever will be. It's the calm they provide, the energy they share and instincts they have.

I think animals in general are great photo subjects, and you can learn a lot about portrait photography when taking pictures of them.

We are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures that we could very well be ourselves if we weren't compressed by the heavy rules of life.  They fight for honor at the first challenge, are brave just because they are, and they do not, for all their great instincts, appear to know about death. Being such wonderfully uncomplicated beings, they need us to do their worrying.

click on the images for a bigger view




The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.  ~ Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top