This is a delicious, one-dish cake, that is easy to prepare and even easier to eat. This Pineapple Upside Down Cake is not finicky or tricky to make at all. I don't make any fancy designs to it, I just layer the ingredients up, bake it and eat it. Nothing more simple then that. :) I also like this cake, because you can make it at a moments notice and it doesn't require a long preparation or cooling down later on.
click on the images for a bigger view
- 115 gr. (1/2 cup) butter (melted)
- 220 gr. (1 cup) packed brown sugar
- 550 gr. (20 oz) can of pineapple slices or chunks, drained (reserve 1 1/3 cup juice for later use)
- 400 gr. (2 cups) granulated sugar
- 390 gr. (3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 60 gr. (1/2 cup) dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
Method1. Melt the butter and crumble up the packed brown sugar with you fingers. Get rid of any clumps in the brown sugar. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F).
6. Cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil. Bake covered for 20 minutes, then 30 minutes, without the foil. After the time is up, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean the cake is done. Take it out.
7. Loosen the cake from the pan with a knife, to make things easier.