I recently bought Nigella Lawson's book "How to be a Domestic Goddess - Baking and the art of comfort cooking". It's a really great cooking book, with many sweat treats but also savory baking options. I made her Mini Cheesecakes (modified the recipe just slightly, but it's Nigella's version). Since I made them in the middle of the night, I didn't take behind the scenes shots, but I couldn't omit the delicious result from this blog. I hope you try these.


Ingredients

- 100 gr (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 250 gr (9 ounces) digestive biscuits
- 200 gr (7 ounces) cream cheese
- 50 gr (1/4 cup) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 x 12 muffin tin
- raspberry jam (or any other jam of your choice)


Method

1. Preheat your oven to 190C (375F).
2. Grease your muffin tin with butter or vegetable oil.
3. Put the digestive biscuits in a food processor, add the butter which you have melted or have at room temperature, really soft. Blitz together.
4. Put the biscuits and butter mixture into your  muffin tin, and let it come up on the sides, like a little cup that will hold the filling.
5. Mix the cream cheese in a food proccesor until smooth, then add the sugar and beat again. Then add the egg, beat again for a minute. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Combine until smooth.
6. Pour the mixture into the shells you have made in the muffin tin.
7. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is firm.
8. Let them cool completely, then refrigerate for 5 hours or over night.
9. Add a tablespoon of jam of your choice on top of the chilled mini cheesecakes.


My version is different  in that I use a regular muffin tin, instead of a mini muffin tin, and also I add the jam on top. For me it made the mini cheesecakes perfect. These are so easy to prepare and ideal for a party or get together. Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top