Every Summer there is book fair being held in Mostar. Tents with hundreds and hundreds of books are spread out in the city and walkers can make a quick stop and browse the latest editions or classic books and buy them for a reasonable price. 

This summer the fair is located on the main walking lane in Mostar, and my sister Jasmina, good friend Selma and her dog Brauni and I made the visit yesterday. Of course my camera came along to capture some of the evening spirit of Mostar during a summer night.

click on the images for a bigger view



My sister browsing the selections. Her purchases eventually included Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's "The Little Prince".



I recently bought the English language version of Edgar Allan Poe's Collected Works, and I also saw the translated version of the collection last night on the fair.


Brauni, in the meantime is looking out, waiting for our book browsing to be over, so that we can continue with her walk :)


As a kid, I loved Pippi Longstocking (actually anything written by Astrid Lindgren, like "The Six Bullerby Children").


There were also some modern selections to be found, like the Game of Thrones Book Series written by George R.R. Martin, Stephen King's "Dr. Sleep", and many more.




I bought Stephen King's "Mr.Sleep", which is the continuation of his 1977 novel "The Shining". I am looking forward to read it during my summer vacation.

What books do you like to read and what are you currently reading? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top