Okay, I really am terrible at keeping a blog. If I'd have left updating this any longer I probably would have forgotten I had a blog in the first place! I think my discovery of Tumblr is to blame, I find blogging my work and photo inspiration on there much easier than doing it on here. You can find my tumblr here if you'd like a look!

We're coming to the end of the set projects on my course, and I figured I may as well blog the work I've done for them. I'm really looking forward to starting my final project, although I have no idea what we are going to be asked to do! I hope we get to come up with our own theme.


PROJECT ONE: RIVER THAMES
I was quite surprised at how happy I was with the results of this project, as having to do these sorts of shots really makes me step out of my comfort zone!


PROJECT TWO: STREET FASHION
I really can't thank the gorgeous Rose enough for modelling for me for this. I really want to expand my portfolio with more of these sorts of shots.


PROJECT THREE: POINT OF CONTACT
This was taken with a setup consisting of a tripod tied to a ladder - I wouldn't really recommend it if you value your camera! Luckily mine didn't fall, but it wasn't the safest of structures.


PROJECT FOUR: I LIVE HERE
Based around the concept of living indoors - I think this is possibly the weakest shot I have submitted so far. I'm okay with it, I just think I could have shot something a bit better for this concept.


PROJECT FIVE - SELF PORTRAIT 2010
The process of shooting this taught me a valuable lesson - stop worrying! I find if I keep worrying about how the pictures are going to turn out, they turn out bad, and if I don't worry and just get on with it, they turn out alright.


I've got a couple of gripes about course, about the organisation of it and things like that, but overall I'm really enjoying it. I feel like I'm learning loads and part of me wishes it went on for longer. I'm leaving in June and will be going freelance - let me know if you'd like a shoot. I'm also looking for assisting work if anybody knows any photographers who'd take me on !
Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top