If you follow my work it will probably have become clear that I have been shooting a ridiculous amount of self-portraits lately. Usually this is something I would really beat myself up about but over these last few weeks I've learnt to realise that it's not necessarily a bad thing at all - this "me time" that I set aside to shoot them in gives me a chance to experiment and try new techniques and ideas I wouldn't want to inflict upon anybody else first, and record moments in my life in the best way I know how.

It's saved me from hating myself for not being able to shoot in the coldest months of the year, made sure I never, ever have to feel bored again and helped me channel frustration, sadness, and negativity into something creative more times than I can say.

I've come to realise that self-portraiture is a part of me and always will be, and instead of hating it and shooting them out of necessity, it's time to embrace it!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top