I have to be honest - these photos nearly didn't see the light of day. Despite liking the result, I felt so bound to my style of self-portraiture: the dead flowers, the vintage dresses, the standing in fields, that I felt that these didn't deserve to be shown if they didn't add to my cohesive portfolio of self-portraits.

So I closed down Lightroom and walked away from my computer. They'd just stay there.

A few hours later it hit me - as somebody whose entire being is defined by their photography, maybe a big part of loving and respecting myself is embracing these bursts of inspiration and letting them take me in whatever direction my work wants to go. To let my personal work evolve naturally, without constraint, worry or pressure.

Hello, new mindset.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top