Thanksgiving Season is upon us, and even though we here in Europe don't celebrate it, I thought it would be nice to mark the occasion for my dear US readers. And just because we don't celebrate Thanksgiving it doesn't mean the we can't have a nice family lunch to go with it.

click on the images for a bigger view

I have a wonderful Garden Salad recipe that I would also like to share here. If you have a big feast a nice fresh salad can lighten it up and provide that extra something.
What I put in the salad (you can of course vary this):
- Iceberg Salad
- Radicchio Salad
- Carrot (in stripes)
- Red Bell Pepper (in strips)

Now for the crown jewel, the dressing. It's so good, and transforms everything into a wonderful meal:
- Juice of one lemon
- The Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil (three times the amount of lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon of mustard (I use Tafelsenf, but you can use Dijon mustard)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- Pinch of good quality Sea Salt Flakes

Put all the ingredients for the dressing into a small jar, and shake thoroughly. You won't need all of it for the salad (maybe you will). If there is some left over put it in the fridge for later use. It really pays to use the best ingredients you have at hand for the dressing, because you will be able to taste it all!


How about some crisp potato wedges, golden brown, and roasted with the Chicken on one tray. And inside of the Chicken I put some fresh sage, and the rest of the lemons I used for the dressing. A nice way to use it all up.


A very easy but filling lunch, that you can have ready in an hour, but it only requires 15 minutes of your time, the rest happened in the oven.


I hope you are at home now, happy with your loved ones, serenely taking it all in and being thankful for it all. I  know I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top