I am breaking the pattern of Budapest posts, to do something for this weeks Friday My Town Shoot Out. This shot was taken in 2009, and you may have seen the place in my recent posts here. This weeks theme is black and white landscpaes, and since I already did a tutorial on this I thouhgt I would just include a small tip in this post.

Black and white conversion of daylight images, work best when the colored shot has been taken during sunset or sunrise. In the example below, the soft light translates well to the black and white, giving enough depth and detail, without harsh shadows.
click on the images for a bigger view
See the comparison for yourself



Which image works better for you?

Update: The last two parts of the Budapest Series will be posted on Sunday and Monday, and they include some really great shots of the city, including an underground church in the middle of Budapest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top