I love moody skies. They can give a great dramatic effect to images. By moody skies, I mean skies that are filled with heavy clouds, but where the sky still peaks through, and gives nice rays of light. Like in these fall images below, the gaps in the clouds gave light to different parts of the landscape, and made the warm autumn colors glow.

click on the images for a bigger view

These images were taken on the Grabovica Lake on the drive up north from Mostar. As you can see, the sky is very moody, but the clouds do give way to the blue sky, that is shedding it's warm glow back to earth.

I love the small island with the trees on the right bottom side of the first image.


On the left side you can see parts of the small village called Glogosnica. The valley is very calm and not much goes on. A newly dug up road can be seen on the other side of the lake.




I parked my car on the side of the road and went somewhat downhill to get these shots. This road leads further into the mountains to our weekend-house.


Has fall taken over your part of the world? I love it when the colors start changing, and lushes greens become warm orange and yellow tones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top