I have often said that I don't think of moody weather as a barrier for photography, in fact I see it as a challenge and an opportunity to do something new. And while escaping to sunny days through old images has it's charm, there is also something to be said about going out in rainy weather and taking a look around.

I tried to come up with a theme while outside and stick with it. The theme for me was textures. I love textured images and grunge in images. While they are usually found in rusty objects (and I have found some too, that are included in this post), you can also see textures in organic objects, or in a combination of the two. I'll show you what I mean.

click on the images for a bigger view

In the first image you can see the bottom of our stone drinking fountain. The greens and greys of the stone and weathered conditions is contrasted with a textured green leaf, that you can see better in the second image.



Of course, when we say texture we immediately think of rust, like in the case of the next image. It's the backside of the old sign for the local fishpond.



Texture can be found in completely organic objects too. Like in the case of the next image, where the patterns are moving the eye in the same direction and creating a grunge-like effect.


Then there is a play between two organic objects, like water and stone, that, even though they are completely different, can create a symbiosis that harmonizes well.


I guess what I'm trying to say is, that there is beauty everywhere and in everything. You just have to look for it. And a rainy day can even help you discover those things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top