It's often said, that travel is not about the destination, it's about the journey. Well, in the case of my latest outing, those words never rung more true. But more on that later. Let me start at the beginning. The road trip to the mountain Rujiste, started out on a Saturday afternoon.

I wanted to drive out before dark, but also not too early, so that I could take some decent photos. The mountain is a 30 minute drive away from Mostar. When you arrive at the top, you will find ski lifts and a nice restaurant, which I visited previously.

This is a multi-part series. Other parts are:

click on the images for a bigger view

The road up the mountain Rujiste is very isolated. Not much to be seen on either side of the street.



The fall colors of the surrounding woods greet me, as the road winds up.


After a short car drive, I reach the mountain top, and park my car on the side of the road, to get this next shot.


Beni is also out of the car, enjoying the fresh mountain air.


On this side of the mountain, the sun was already setting.


Luckely my journey through Rujiste mountain, would take me to the sunny side.


Beni waiting patiently in the car for me.


Even though it was a sunny day, the air here was very cold. I was still on the main road, waiting for my turn...


...that would lead me down a narrow path, down into the valley.


These roads are traveled by woodcutters. The latest fruit of their labor, was to be found next to the road.


A look up, towards the sunny hills.



I was at the crossroads, and on this day, I would actually choose both ways. 

Left: the way to the Boracko Lake, on the newly (but not finished) road. Right: the narrow path to the village Zijemlja, alongside the dark woods, where I later took a hike.


I chose the road to Boracko Lake first and wanted to try out my luck. Unfortunately for me, no such thing was to be found that day. But more on that in the second part...

End of Part One
To be continued...

Thank you all for visiting. I hope you enjoyed it. 
If you did, please consider sharing this post on your social media. You can use the various social media buttons below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top