I make risotto more then often, when I want a quick dinner. It's so easy to prepare, that by the third time you make it, you just go through the motions. And what I also like about it, is that once you know how to make the basic risotto bianco, you can add any other ingredient inside, and make it totaly different.

I know everyone has a risotto recipe they like, and this here is mine. If you scroll below the recipe you will find a small update. Enjoy!

click on the image for a bigger view




Seafood Risotto Recipe 
Ingredients 
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 250 gr (1 cup) arborio rice, rinsed in water
- handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 liter (4 cups) of chicken stock (or other stock you like)
- 1 package Seafood of your choice
- parsley for decoration
Method
1. Put the oil and butter in a deep saucepan, then the chopped onion and tomato paste and stir until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the rice and coat it in the oil and onion mixture.
3. Add, one ladle at a time, the chicken stock, until the rice is cooked. /Takes 20 minutes/
4. After half of the stock is incorporated, add the sea food.
5. Once the rice is cooked, add the Parmesan cheese.
6. Serve warm with some parsley sprinkled on top.


Moving Update: As you may know, I'm moving and as of right now, I'm living in the new house. Here is a panorama shot of me and Beni setting up the computer table, taken with my phone camera. :)


You can expect a house tour soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top